Tuesday, June 14, 2011

HP Envy 17 3D - The First New Unit Arrives

So the replacement unit arrived this evening via FedEx.  I have to shout out to the driver because he tried once when I was not home to deliver it and then came back right before he was scheduled to return back to the depot.  I opened the Notebook and set it up and have begun the OOBE and installing Windows Updates only to notice that it is not a different model and is identical to the one I already owned.  So I called and left Lloyd a message about this.

I then called my best friend who came over and installed WoW on the new Notebook and we began to play WoW.  When mine had gotten to hot, the new unit was very warm but had not been running WoW as long as mine because it had to download the game content.  It eventually got just as hot.

When Lloyd called me back, he was unsure why I got this machine.  He got everything worked out and HP was going to ship me another replacement and this time it would be the correct model.  So I agreed to send my unit back in the box the first replacement came in and that I would send the replacement unit back in the second raplacement units box.  Putting a description of the problem on each box.

No comments:

Post a Comment