Tuesday, June 14, 2011

HP Envy 17 3D - The Box Arrives

So the box arrived today and I began the tedious job of backing up all of my data and considering I have about 500gb on this machine, that is going to take a significant amount of time.  Luckily I have a drive that is just big enough at 500gb, a notebook drive in a USB case.  The only problem is its going to take 48 hours to copy all of the data at Sata speed or so Windows thinks.  So, I swap the drive with an E-Sata case and plug it in that way which reduces the tranfer time to a few hours.

I now turn my focus to the box that has arrived and open it.  Inside are two pieces of foam that fold to hold the notebook in place.  I fold them and get everything ready to send to HP.  As I am watching the backup, I get as telephone call from HP Research's Lloyd Hamilton who wants me to send the Notebook to his team and in return he will send me a brand new notebook.  Not the same model, rather the new one will have a faster processor and a bigger hard drive and that I should ship my unit back in the box this unit comes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment