Monday, October 15, 2012

New Facebook Attack

So, I was looking at my stream on Facebook and came across a post by someone I trust that looked like this:

image

The subject matter and the title by my friend was a clue, so I clicked the link.  The page that appears is this:

image

If you look closely, the Submit button is drawn over the original Facebook button that allows you to use your Facebook credentials to login to a website.  By clicking submit, the same link above will be posted to your wall and the ‘Hacker’ will have access to your Facebook account.  Every one of your friends who clicks and does the same thing will perpetuate this scenario.  Pass this around so that we can stop this from spreading.

If this happened to you, change your password and look in your Facebook security settings and remove any unknown apps and websites that have access to your account.

No comments:

Post a Comment